Chana’s Champions Project Overview
- Creating community and ensuring belonging for the 1 in 8 men and women who struggle to build and grow their families
- Chana’s Champions: Primarily men and women who though themselves may not have experienced infertility have been touched by it through the experiences of family and/or friends
- Educate and empower a cohort of Jewish women and men to promote sensitivity and inclusion on behalf of the 1 in 8 within their synagogues, communal spaces and larger community
- The C2 cohort will be knowledgeable about the infertility umbrella: the issues related to medical diagnosis and treatment, access to care, the painful reality of the social and communal experience, as well as funding and resources available in the national and the tristate area
- The C2 cohort will educate lay and professional leaders about areas of vulnerability in Jewish communal spaces, areas where we can increase sensitivity and awareness, to increase empathy and inclusion, widening the tent of Jewish communal experience.
- Jewish leadership, both formal and informal, will partner with C2 to encourage the critical agenda of increased education and awareness of infertility challenges and its social impact.
- Champions will feel prepared to advocate about these issues on both the micro and macro level.